PM Modi : Major boom to Indian Tourism. He stated that ‘While there can be progress in exploring the world, tours & travels across the country will keep Indians grounded in their roots’.
With 20 Million Indian tourists traveling or exploring abroad on vacation every year, Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi on the occasion of 73rd Independence Day of India, urged those traveling abroad to visit 15 tourist destinations within the country by 2022 to flip to the Domestic Tourism Sector.
Addressing the nation from the ramparts of the Red Fort on the 73rd Independence Day, Modi said India has much to offer and if domestic tourism increases, international footfalls too will increase.
PM MODI’s major concern was over :
- Many people travel abroad for holidays but when we mark 75 years of Independence, we must visit at least 15 Tourist destinations across India before 2022.
- The Prime Minister appealed to the middle-class & upper-class families to show their children the “nitty-gritties” of the country.
- He said, “There might not be very good hotels, but once we start visiting these places, these destinations will improve”.
- PM Modi urged “You have to take out 7 to 10 days for vacation, but please spend the time within the country to keep yourself grounded to roots”
- Iconic Sites (to be transformed into world-class destinations)
- Ajanta Caves
- Taj Mahal
- Fatehpur Sikri
According to the UN World Tourism Organisation’s predictions, 50 million Indians will travel overseas in 2019, up from 23 million in 2017.
- Prahlad Patel (Culture and Tourism Minister) welcomed PM’s statement and thanked him for urging tourists to travel within India.
- Patel tweeted, “The PM has urged countrymen to visit at least 15 tourist sites within India by 2022 even under difficult conditions. I thank him for this. You are our brand ambassador”
Let us make our local products attractive. May more export hubs emerge over years.
“Our guiding principle is Zero Defect, Zero Effect”